Email activity can be synchronized to Salesforce through integration and stored in custom objects. Additionally, as part of the installation & configuration for integration, this information is often displayed as a related list on the lead or contact and campaign page layouts and is available for reporting purposes.
The Acoustic Campaign AppExchange package installs several custom objects that push back email metrics in Salesforce. These custom objects can be used for building reports & dashboards for your business process. The objects that store email metrics are labeled: Silverpop Email Activity, Email Link, Silverpop Email Campaign Activity & Silverpop Email Campaign Link.
The Lead/Contact Mailing History to CRM sync must be activated in Acoustic Campaign for email activity to sync with Salesforce.
These are the custom objects to which we push email activity data via the integration.
- Email Link
Below is a list of the Report Types in Salesforce that have been created to build custom reports, which are located under the 'Other Reports' category. The first five report types noted below will give you email activity for individual leads and contacts, similar to what you see within the contact insight (Example: Email Name, Subject, Sent Date/Time, Opened, Status, URL, Last Clicked).
In Salesforce, create a new custom report, select a report type, drag the desired fields onto the report, and customize as needed.
- Email Links (email links only)
- Email Links with Silverpop Email Activity (email sends with links)
- Silverpop Email Activities (includes both leads and contacts)
- Silverpop Email Activities with Contact (email sends for just contacts)
- Silverpop Email Activities with Lead (email sends for just leads)
- Silverpop Email Campaign Activities
- Silverpop Email Campaign Activities with Salesforce Campaign
- Silverpop Email Campaign Links
- Silverpop Email Campaign Links with Acoustic Campaign Email Campaign Activity
Within SFDC, you can also create new Report Types to tie different objects together for more advanced reporting. For creating Salesforce reports and report types, please consult your Salesforce administrator.
Please sign in to leave a comment.