Manage the alerts tab
Synchronization attempts of Leads or Contacts could fail. The Alerts tab in Manage CRM provides you with insight into record failures.
Follow these steps to view errors and alerts for the CRM synchronization activity.
- In the Organization Settings, go to CRM and Scoring Settings > Edit > Manage CRM > Alerts.
- Select Sync Directory and the Date Range.
- Enter the search criteria in the Search in Records
- Click Filter to find records and get a better view of individual failed records.
Manage the settings tab
One of the synchronization features is to populate custom Salesforce objects with individual sent email metrics, resulting in data usage within your Salesforce org and might cause you to exceed your data usage allotment.
Follow these steps to manage Acoustic email activities sync volume for Salesforce.
- In the Organization Settings, go to CRM and Scoring Settings> Edit > Manage CRM > Settings.
- From the Settings tab, you can choose any of the following options:
- First, selectIndividual Metric Settings if you want to purge metrics after X days. Then, select the option Purge Individual Metrics after and enter the number of days.
The Purging utility reduces the amount of data being stored in Salesforce.
You could use Opt-Out Email to create a bidirectional map between the Email Opt-Outfield found on Leads and Contacts Salesforce with the equivalent system Opt-Out in Acoustic Campaign.
Important: Deciding if you wish to enable the checkbox before activating the synchronization is essential. We highly recommend not selecting the check box after the synchronization is activated.
The field is mapped to the standard Email Opt-Out field in Salesforce. Ensure the Salesforce integration user has full read or write access to this field on both the lead & contact objects. If you are using Salesforce Professional Edition, ensure these fields are added to the page layout. Since this field is mapped bi-directionally, either system can opt-out the other record. Therefore, if a recipient of the email clicks on the link, the record is automatically opted out of Acoustic Campaign. On the next sync, we will also update the Salesforce record to be opted out. Conversely, if a user marks a record as opted out in Salesforce, the matching twin record in the Acoustic Campaign will also be opted out.
Important: If you enable Email Opt-Out Syncing option after going live, the mapping will be added as explained above. However, for previously synchronized records, an automatic reconciliation will not occur. For example, if you have opted out / synced contacts in Acoustic Campaign, you will need to update them in some way to cause the modified date to change, which would then cause force a sync to CRM and update the 'Email Opt Out' check-box accordingly.
Note: The feature does not purge email data within the Acoustic Campaign.
If you designate Sync only those leads/Contacts where Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is checked in Salesforce for Sync Eligibility under Settings, then Acoustic Campaign syncs all the unconverted Leads and Contacts from Salesforce that have the Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box checked. The feature selectively synchronizes only those that have the box checked. The option might be suitable for companies with Leads/Contacts that must not sync into the Acoustic Campaign database.
If you designate All Leads/Contacts for Sync Eligibility under Settings, Acoustic Campaign syncs all the unconverted Leads/Contacts from Salesforce. The option might be suitable for companies that share all the Sales Leads or Contacts with Acoustic Campaign and have no reasons to prevent Leads or Contacts from being added to the marketing database.
Note: The default selection is Sync only those leads/Contacts where Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is checked in Salesforce for the Sync Eligibility setting. Once the Sync is activated, this setting selected cannot be reverted.
Manage the credentials tab
Follow these steps to enter the Salesforce credentials.
- In the Campaign's left navigation menu, go to Settings > Administration > Organization Settings.
- Go to CRM and Scoring Settings > Edit > Manage CRM > Credentials.
- Choose the Salesforce Org type. You can either select Sync with a sandbox or Production.
Note: The selection made in the Salesforce Org type cannot be changed. If you are planning on setting up an integration with a Salesforce Sandbox organization, then you must also have a testing Acoustic Campaign organization for testing. Do not synchronize your production Acoustic Campaign organization with a Salesforce sandbox, as once you choose "production" or "sandbox," that choice cannot be undone/changed at a later stage.
- Enter the Login Password and Security Token.
Note: If your credentials are set to expire, you receive the SFDC notification that indicates you to create your new password. Also, you automatically receive a new security token by email. Make sure that you enter the new security token on the Credentials tab. The integration stops until valid credentials are entered.
- Click Validate & Save Credentials to commit your information.
- Select an Acoustic Campaign admin user on the right side for integration and proceed to Settings. Ensure that the user is an Org Admin in Acoustic Campaign.
Manage the status tab
Read through the following section to understand the various settings available in the Status tab in CRM and Scoring Settings.
Complete the following Status tab checklist. Synchronization does not occur unless the wanted sync points are activated on the Status tab.
- In the Organization Settings, go to CRM and Scoring Settings> Edit > Manage CRM > Status.
- Activating Profile Data for Leads, Contacts, and Accounts agent starts the synchronization of Leads and Contacts with Acoustic Campaign. After Profile Data for Leads, Contacts, and Accounts is activated, syncing is based on the Sync to Acoustic Campaign filter feature pre-activation:
- If the Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is not enabled, then the agent synchronizes all Unconverted Leads + Contacts/Accounts from SalesForce into the Acoustic Campaign DB per the field mappings.
- Suppose the Sync to Acoustic Campaign option is enabled. In that case, the agent synchronizes only the Unconverted Leads + Contacts/Account from SalesForce into the Acoustic Campaign DB with the Sync to Acoustic Campaign check box selected in SalesForce.
Note: We recommend that you enable or clear the Sync to Acoustic Campaign feature.
- Alerts to Chatter/Tasks
- Agent that pushes Lead Alerts from Acoustic Campaign into Salesforce. If you are creating these alerts within Acoustic Campaign, you want to ensure this agent is activated.
- Lead/Contact email History to CRM
- Agent that pushes "marketing history" (emails sent) into Salesforce. This data creates a new Acoustic Campaign Email Activity that can be associated with Contacts, Leads, and Campaigns inside Salesforce. The individual email activities sent to Salesforce are attached to the Leads/Contacts.
Note: This sync might require extra Salesforce Data storage for email activities over time. Refer to Individual metric settings to control how long email activities stay in Salesforce to control the storage volume.
- Sent emails Create CRM Campaigns
- Agent that pushes campaign data from Acoustic Campaign into Salesforce. This does NOT sync Campaigns in Acoustic Campaign with Campaign in Salesforce. This only syncs data that is associated with campaigns in Salesforce only.
It also enables the ability to send an Acoustic Campaign email inside Acoustic Campaign while checking a box to create a SalesForce Campaign over in SalesForce for the send.
- Program Participants Added to CRM Campaigns
- Agent that pushes contact data into Campaign within Salesforce. Functions within Acoustic Campaign web forms and programs enable you to configure a process that adds the Acoustic Campaign program participant to a predefined Salesforce Campaign.
- CRM Opportunities to Acoustic Campaigns
- Agent pulls opportunity data from Salesforce into Acoustic Campaign. It enables the ability to use Salesforce Opportunity Stages in Campaign Programs and Queries.
Note: The fields required for the Opportunity Sync are not available in the Campaign user interface. Only the stage field is available for Programs and Query building.
Please sign in to leave a comment.