Creating events from the RAW data view of session replay
In session replay, you can use the Raw data panel to view the code and raw website data of the steps in a session replay. You can create events or step attributes with the code.
The Raw Data view of the Consolidated session UI includes timestamp information in GMT format. The timestamp indicates when the first
http post was received plus the offset for each page. Timestamps show how long a visitor spends on a page. Timestamps that indicate an inordinate amount of time spent on a page might be an indication of customer struggle.
In the raw data view, there is a toggle for Show unfiltered data. This toggle allows you to see the data with no modifications or changes. When the toggle is turned off, the screen view will only show the raw data for the very first hit within the screen. If you turn the toggle on, the headers are all there and all of the data is displayed exactly as it was sent into Tealeaf. Each page or screen view will show all available raw data even if it spans multiple posts or hits.
Note: Standard step events (click, change, etc.) will not show the unaltered raw data at this time, but this data is available on the base page/screen view.
The navigation list for the Raw data includes icons that you can use to differentiate replayable from non replayable objects. Non replayable objects include Network Capture and Akamai hits, which do not include the DOM (html) to replay.
Titles on both the left and right panels are highlighted, so you can view the request and response raw JSON code of the steps you are viewing. There can be several steps in one screen view, and each step has its own request and response code. Collapse or expand the request and response data by using the arrows to the right of the line numbers in the code. All code is expanded by default.
The Response HTML in the Raw Data is the HTML that is generated in response to visitor initiated steps on your website (such as clicks, mobile gestures, and loads). Tealeaf captures the Response HTML and makes it available in the Raw Data view of Session Replay. In Tealeaf, "load" is a type of step response HTML.
Other types of step response HTML are click, value change, and gesture etc.
Use the Raw data panel to create an event.
- Select a session that you want to replay.
- Click the Raw data panel.
- To view the raw data in its truest form with no modifications, toggle "Show unfiltered data" in the upper right corner of the raw data screen.
- In the Steps panel, select the screen view that you want to access.
- Hover over and right-click the code that you want to use to create an event.
- Click Create event.
Create events and event assets from raw session data
You can create an event and event assets (session attributes and hit attributes) from raw session data, using the Raw data view. The Raw data view is one of three distinct ways of viewing session data.
The following procedure describes how to create an event or event assets from raw session data by using the Consolidated user interface for session data.
- Click the Raw data tab on the Consolidated user interface for session data.
- Select the text from which you want to create an event or event asset.
This text might be an HTML element in Replay mode, a name-value pair in Request mode, a header in Response mode, or another text selection.
- Right-click and select the option for the asset you want to create.
- To create an event, select Create event.
- To create a hit attribute, select Create HA.
- To create a step attribute, select Create SA.
The Event Manager is pre-populated with values to match the selected text.
- The Event Manager is opened, with the new definition pre-populated with detection parameters to identify the selection.
- Continue defining the event asset.
- To save changes, click Save Draft.
- To commit your changes, click Save Changes.