When you find something interesting in your Overlays, and drill down into your reports, you can save the report for future reference and add it to a dashboard.
- Select Snapshot Gallery.
- Select a snapshot to work with.
- Select an overlay for the snapshot.
- Select Metric and select the metric that you want to view on the overlay.
- For a heat map or comparison analytics overlay:
- Click Sub-select.
- Move the Data Summary box to the data point for which you want to see more data.
The information in the Data Summary box changes as you move it to show the number of data points available for the area in the selection box.
When you are over an element that has data, you see the number of items for metric for that data point (for example, clicks or hovers) and a View report from this data icon is displayed.
- For a link analytics overlay:
- Move the mouse to the link for which you want to see data. The number of metrics for the link are displayed along with the View report from this data icon for each metric.
- Click the View report from this data icon for the metric for which you want to view data. The report that was used to create the link element on the overlay is displayed.
- Select any of the data items in the grid or chart for more details about the data.
- From the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the report, select Save as.
Enter a title and description for your report and select the dashboard in which the report will reside.
- Click Next.
- Select a Display Type and click Save.
What to do next
You can open the dashboard to view the report.
Reports saved from the Overlay report builder do not have the right-side panel for working with Breakouts, Metrics, and Filters.
Calendar entries that fall outside of the defined Overstat data retention period are grayed out. The Overstat data retention period is specified on the Company settings page.