During the development and testing cycle, you might need to periodically install and uninstall packages before you install the next beta. Read through the sections to understand how to install CRMi.
Before you begin
- Coordinate time with SFDC administrator and complete the SFDC installation or the configuration of the CRMi package. The complete configuration is required within SFDC and Acoustic Campaign.
- Obtain a security token from the Salesforce user account that you plan on using for integration. The security token is used during setup and while you change the Salesforce password).
- Obtain the SFDC Organization ID (The organization ID is entered when you begin the mapping exercise within Acoustic Campaign).
- Make sure that you know your SFDC login credentials, that you need to enter in Acoustic Campaign during setup and while you change the Salesforce password.
- Get the latest install version.
Note: If you are installing into a salesforce Sandbox, you must replace the beginning of the URL with http://test.salesforce.com.
- Enter your username and password for the Salesforce organization in which you want to install the package.
Complete the following steps to install the package
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator by using the AppExchange URL provided by Campaign.
- Select Install for All Users and click Install or Upgrade.
- The installation process takes a few minutes and you are notified about the package installation. If the package did not install successfully, contact your integration specialist with the specific error.
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects and verify that the following objects are in a deployed status.
- Email Link
Optional install procedure for Person Accounts feature
If you have the Person Accounts feature enabled. You must install the core package as outlined. You must also install and configure an additional package outlined here.