For activating the synchronization, you need to create or edit a Salesforce user profile, which is configured for being used for this process. To create or edit the user, you can read the following procedure to define the minimum permissions that are required for accessing the synchronizing data.
- Go to Administration Setup > Manager Users > Profiles.
- Click Read Only. The Read Only profile provides the minimum number of permissions available in the standard profiles, so it's a good start point to create a new profile. You can use this profile as a template to create the integration profile.
The profile detail page is displayed.
- Click Clone to create a new profile based on the Read Only
- Enter a Profile Name and click Save.
The detail page of the new profile is displayed.
- Click Edit and scroll to the Administrative Permissions Ensure the API Enabled option is selected. This option grants access to the API. That is, you define that the user who is assigned to this profile can complete operations against Salesforce through the web Services.
- Select View All Data to view all the data that is owned by other users. The field allows the integrator to retrieve data that is owned by all the users who are defined in the Salesforce account. When you check this option, other required options such as View Setup and Configuration, View All Data, and the read permission for all objects are enabled automatically.
Note: Do not clear any of these options because it causes that the View All Data option to be disabled.
- Scroll down to the Standard and Custom Object Permissions. Ensure that View All in Data Administration column is selected for all the objects that are needed by the Integrator, which includes, Campaigns, Contacts, Leads, Email Links, Acoustic Campaign Email Activities, Acoustic Campaign Email Campaign Activities, and Acoustic Campaign Email Campaign
- Select Create and Edit for the objects that are mentioned in Step 7, and Select Campaigns, Contacts, Leads, Email Links, and Acoustic Campaign Email Activities.
Note: If you want to grant more permissions to the user (for example if you intend to login with the user through the UI and delete some records), you can do it. However, you cannot clear any of the options showed in the following image:
- Click Save.