You can share audience data, such as shared contact lists and queries, between Acoustic Personalization and Acoustic Campaign, which are registered as endpoints in your Acoustic Exchange account.
Restriction This feature is only available to the customers enrolled for Campaign Audience Membership. Interested in joining? Fill out this quick survey.
Audience sharing overview
Acoustic Exchange defines an audience as a collection of attributes and IDs that identify and describe individuals and their behaviour in various channels. You can use Acoustic Exchange to exchange audience data between software products that are registered as endpoints in your Acoustic Exchange account. Through audience sharing, you can use a data segmentation product to define a target audience and then make the results available in another product where you can act upon the data.
In Acoustic Exchange, products that provide audience data are referred to as audience sources. Products that receive audience data are referred to as audience destinations. To share audience data between the source and the destination, you must register each product as an endpoint in your Acoustic Exchange account. It is important to note that a single endpoint cannot be both an audience source and destination. Only products that have successfully integrated with Acoustic Exchange as an Acoustic Exchange partner are available for registration as an endpoint.
- In the audience source, use data segmentation to define a target audience. This audience becomes visible as a source audience in Acoustic Exchange.
- In the audience destination, define a destination audience. The destination endpoint might provide an interface or process to prepare a data store to accept the audience data. Depending on the data store permissions, you can create a new destination audience when you share an audience or modify an existing one.
- In Acoustic Exchange, specify the source audience data to share, where and how to add the data to the destination, and when to begin sharing. You can schedule audience sharing to begin immediately, at a later time, or repeatedly according to a schedule.
Audience sharing in Acoustic Personalization
You can share audience data, such as shared contact lists and queries, between Acoustic Personalization and Acoustic Campaign, which are registered as endpoints in your Acoustic Exchange account. If you already have existing contact lists and queries in Acoustic Campaign, you can use them for personalization using Acoustic Exchange and Acoustic Personalization.
Note In the case of shared audiences, first-time visitors to the channel will see default content, and not the personalized content.
For more information, see the following Help Center topics.
Use shared audiences in Acoustic Personalization
Complete all the prerequisites before you can use shared audiences in Acoustic Personalization.
- Register your channel in Acoustic Personalization. For information, see Register a channel.
- Enable Acoustic Campaign in your channel by adding the web tracking code snippet. For information, see the Acoustic Campaign Help Center.
- Ensure that your Org ID is registered in the database. For enrolling your org ID, contact the Acoustic Support team.
- Ensure that you have a Shared Database or a Shared Contact List in Acoustic Campaign Engage.
- To create a Shared Database, log in to Acoustic Campaign Engage and go to Data > Databases.
- To create a Shared Contact List, log in to Acoustic Campaign Engage and go to Data > Contact Lists.
Create Acoustic Campaign endpoint in Acoustic Exchange
- Log in to Acoustic Exchange.
- Go to Endpoints.
- Click Register new endpoint.
- Select Engage.
- Click Next.
- Provide the required information.
Generate the Refresh token to be used in Acoustic Exchange for Acoustic Campaign Engage endpoint configuration. Log in to Acoustic Campaign Engage and go to Settings > Organization Settings > Application Account Access > Add Account access. Select Exchange as the application.
To get the database ID, go to Data > Database > View Data. Hover the cursor over the database name. The database ID is displayed. For more information, see this Help Center topic.
- Click Register.
For detailed information, see this Help Center topic.
Register Acoustic Personalization endpoint in Acoustic Exchange
Note If you already have an Acoustic Personalization Subscriber endpoint registered in Acoustic Exchange, then you should use the same endpoint and skip this section.
If you do not have an Acoustic Personalization endpoint registered in Acoustic Exchange:
- Create Acoustic Personalization endpoint in Acoustic Exchange. For more information, see this Help Center page.
- Register the Acoustic Personalization subscriber endpoint. For information, see this Help Center page.
Create an audience in Acoustic Campaign
Ensure that you have an audience in Acoustic Campaign. If you do not have an audience, you can create one by referring this Help Center page.
Share the audiences
- Log in to Acoustic Exchange.
- Go to Audiences
- Click Share Audiences and identifiers.
- Click both check boxes for Share an audience and Upload identities to the UBX Identity Store.
- If you created a audience to be shared, or if your audience is not visible in the list, click Refresh audiences.
- In the Source audience, go to Acoustic > Engage endpoint > Audience Name
- In Destination audience, go to Acoustic > Acoustic Personalization subscriber endpoint.
- If you already have the required audience configured, select it from the list.
To create a new audience, click Create new audience. In the Map audience identifiers section, provide the following information:
- Source identifier: RECIPIENT_ID
- Destination identifier: x1id
- Click Next.
- To share the contact list immediately, click Share. You can also choose to schedule the audience sharing to happen at a later date.
Successful status is shown as Complete.
For detailed information, see this Acoustic Exchange Help Center.
Schedule the audience share
You can schedule the audience sharing to happen on a recurring basis, according to a frequency that you specify.
If you make any changes to the shared contact list, the updates are reflected the next time the contact list is scheduled to be shared. If you have not configured scheduling for the shared contact list, then you must manually share the updated contact list.
If you schedule audience sharing to repeat Daily, Acoustic Exchange includes audience data that is collected and provided by the source endpoint during the previous 1 day. If you schedule audience sharing to repeat Weekly, Acoustic Exchange includes audience data that is collected and provided by the source endpoint during the previous 7 days. If you schedule audience sharing to repeat on a Custom basis, Acoustic Exchange includes audience data that is collected and provided by the source endpoint during the 1 day before each day that the audience provider shares data through Acoustic Exchange.
For detailed information, see this Acoustic Exchange Help Center page.
Note When you specify Time to schedule the audience sharing, the GMT timezone is used.
Set up email messaging
Using Acoustic Content, you can set up an email messaging campaign. For detailed information about how to configure email messaging, see this Help Center.
Using shared audiences in Personalization
You can use shared audiences in Acoustic Personalization for targeting visitors for personalization by creating the segments based on audiences shared by Acoustic Campaign.
- Go to
- In the Segments page, click Create.
- Provide a name for the segment.
- Click Next.
- In the Segment details page, provide Inclusion and exclusion criteria using Condition builder.
- Use the Attribute as Campaign Audience
- Operator as Value
- For Value, select the shared audience segment from Acoustic Campaign.
- Click Add.
- Segment details page opens. Click Save segment.
Next, we need to create a rule.
- Go to .
- Select a zone.
- Click New Rule.
- Select the rule type as Content Personalization or A/B Test.
- Provide the inputs required to create the rule.
- Click Next.
- Select the content, either from Acoustic Content Hub or from any other CMS of your choice.
- Click Create Rule.
- In the Segment section, click Select Segment.
- Select the segment that you had created for the shared audience.
- Click Save and Publish.
Rule is saved successfully.